In July of 1956, several weeks might pass before spotting another Corvette. When Johnny Zeh and Jerry Wright met to discuss their Corvettes, the idea to establish a Corvette Club was born (click here to view NCCA’s history).
Members enjoy many different social and competitive activities. Some like to test their driving skill by navigating through various auto cross track configurations in timed events. Other members like to compete in NCCA's Vette Magic all Corvette Drag Race each year. Men and women journey from all parts of California and bordering states to compete in 1/4 mile drag races for prizes. NCCA members have a strong tradition of placing well at car shows where you see older and newer Corvettes looking their best.
The fun continues when members take their Corvettes on weekend tours to various parts of California where driving the scenic roads are part of the Corvette experience (go to download NCCA files to view NCCA Touring Rules and Etiquette). Find out more about NCCA membership requirements, dates and times for meetings and have fun "corvetting."
Through its various activities, NCCA strives to add to the natural enjoyment of Corvette ownership while providing social interaction with other Corvette owners. NCCA General Business Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at the San Lorenzo Homes Association in San Lorenzo at 7:00pm (377 Paseo Grande, San Lorenzo, CA). The NCCA Executive Board Meetings are held on the last Tuesday of every month at Ricky’s Sports Lounge in San Leandro at 7:00pm (15028 Hesperian Blvd., San Leandro).
NCCA sanctions extensive and varied activities that:
- Promote pride in Corvette ownership
- Further the interests of Corvette owners
- Provide technical information to Corvette owners
- Promote interchange of general and technical Corvette related information
- Encourage safe and responsible driving habits
Examples of club activities include (Be sure to check out the calendar page for upcoming activities.):
- A "Social Social" event planning party in January
- Sponsorship of Car Shows in May (Legends on Display) and June (Vette Magic)
- Drags in June (Vette Magic)
- Fall Banquet and Installation of Officers in November
- Holiday Party in December
- One-day and weekend Corvette caravan tours
- Participation in other Corvette Clubs' events
- Group attendance at area Corvette events
- Participation in many local parades
- Bowling, picnics, and numerous parties (like Halloween)